Several potentially fatal birth defects can be detected before birth with advanced imaging and diagnostics available at
Dr. Sirisha Reddy’s Centre for Fetal MedicineOur Services are as follows:
- To Provide Advance Fetal scans to deduct fetal anomalies with utmost accuracy and at an early stage to enable options for parents.
- To counsel the parents adequately and accurately, such that appropriate decisions can be made during pregnancy.
- To coordinate with the primary care physician/obstetrician to facilitate best results Ultrasound scan to assess structural abnormalities.
- Ultrasound scans to assess fetal health
- Fetal Echocardiogram.
- Early anomaly scan (12-16 weeks)
- Second-trimester anomaly scan or Level-II scan
- Multiple Pregnancy scan
- Fetal viability scan
- Fetal wellbeing scan
- Doppler scan
A fetal echocardiogram is a specialized ultrasound that provides a detailed view of your baby’s heart. Also known as a fetal echo, this test is used to examine the structure and function of your baby’s heart before he or she is born. It is especially recommended for people with a family history of heart abnormalities or where increased nuchal translucency has been found at the 12-week scan.
- Fetal echocardiograms help us identify and diagnose congenital heart defects before birth. A detailed examination of the fetal heart and connecting vessels is carried out usually at 20-weeks.
- Ultrasound is used to examine the heart chambers, valves, and vessels. Our doctors are specially trained in scanning the fetal heart and have immense experience in fetal echocardiography
Genetic counseling includes parents who want to conceive but have a genetic issue, one of them or either or first child is being affected or born with structural abnormalities. Their concerns about prognosis in the next baby options of prenatal diagnosis of the condition will be discussed in detail. consanguineous couples are usually anxious. Their concerns would also be discussed in a healthy atmosphere.
3-D and 4-D Ultrasound Invasive Procedures
- Genetic counseling.
- perinatal pathology
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Fetal Blood Sampling
- Genetic Amniocentesis
- Embryo Reduction
Dr. Sirisha Reddy provides Prenatal Diagnostics and Testing
- Sickle cell
- Fragile X syndrome
- Down syndrome
- Cystic fibrosis or spina bifida
- Heart growth
Detection of chromosomal abnormalities during pregnancy:
The risk of chromosomal abnormalities such as trisomy and Down syndrome is determined by a combination of blood tests and ultrasound.
Non-invasive prenatal testing:
This test shows the risk of chromosomal abnormalities by evaluating the baby's DNA, which is found in the mother's blood.
Sirisha Reddy is expertise in Medical Complications like:
- Lupus in pregnancy
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- High blood pressure
- Suspected fetal growth restriction
- Abnormal AFP
- Premature rupture of membranes
- Twins or more expected